Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Hooray Harper is Here!

After waiting a very long 39 weeks baby Harper arrived!

Monday, April 19th we showed no signs that the baby would be here soon. I was walking, eating spicy food, walking, drinking raspberry tea, walking and doing everything I could to make to get the baby to come but nothing was working. Papa called that evening to see if we thought we could expect anything that night. They had been on high alert with the due date getting closer and closer. We decided to watch The Sound of Music with the kids and call it a night. Scott actually said, "I really need my sleep tonight so don't wake me up with contractions". Sure enough at 12:30 AM I started to feel some pain. By 1:00 AM I woke up Scott and by 1:30 AM I knew it was time. Papa and Elizabeth arrived right away so we could make it to the hospital. Scott did his best to get us there as fast as he could since I was in pain. We checked in the hospital where I told them my name followed by "I've done this twice before and I'm ready for my epidural NOW", followed by some major expressions of pain. Ahma and Poppy arrived in time to help through a few contractions then see the sweet relief I felt

Harper arrived shortly after our arrival at 5:53 AM. She looked very healthy and let out a nice big cry giving us all the reassurance we needed. It doesn't matter how many times you go through child birth there are still concerns about the baby's health. Once she was here we could breath a great big sigh of relief! 7.12 lb ounces and 19 inches.

I got the most choked up when I realized it was a girl and that Brooke and Harper would get to enjoy the experience having a sister. The bond between sisters is priceless. This also puts Wyatt right in the middle like uncle Rob who he already looks just like. Scott will be able to spend 1:1 guy time with Wyatt while they get out numbered by the girls.

We're so thankful Harper is here and that she is surrounded by such a great family. While this is grand baby number 10 for Mamaw she showed just as much love and excitement as I'm sure she had with number 1.




No comments:

Post a Comment