Thursday, May 27, 2010

Brooke's First Recital

They say they grow up fast and it is true. My goodness our baby girl is growing up! We had the dress rehearsal Saturday and the full recital Sunday. Brooke did very well and loved every minute of it. Aunt KiKi got her yellow flowers and it made her day. Brooke has a video she watches where the "ballerina always gets flowers" so she had some expectations of getting some. Scott and I didn't bring any so her aunt really came through. After her performance she came out and was greeted by everyone telling her how great she did. She actually got teary eyed and Scott asked what was wrong. I explained she was "sad/happy" which is our explanation of crying because you are so happy. I think she felt such a sense of pride that she got choked up. Scott said "yea, I think it is a girl thing". :)
She enjoyed spending each Saturday practicing with her best friend Laney. Laney did an awesome job in the recital too and we got some great pics. I got "sad/happy" knowing she is going to be such great friends with one of my best friend's daughter. Her mommy and I have shared some great memories and now they are doing the same!

Wyatt attended the dress rehearsal but thanks to Elizabeth and Papa he got a pass on Sunday. I think he had enough of the dance thing. He had already been to soccer Saturday so he was pretty tired. He is loving soccer and I hear last Saturday he stopped playing for a minute to flirt with some 6 year old girls. The coach said Wyatt was quite the flirt. We are going to have to keep our eyes on that boy. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment