Sunday, October 17, 2010

Our First Family Vacation

Our first family vacation was amazing. I can't explain how neat it was to see the kids experience the beach for the first time. The 9 hour drive actually went well going down. We left about 4AM and the kids slept until we made it past Austin. They were so excited when we went over the bridge leading to the island. We spent each day playing on the beach, swimming and flying kites. The kids would come back and take long restful naps.
Ahma and Poppy were great travel buddies. They watched Harper while we played on the beach. After all the kids were down Scott and I sat on the patio with them telling stories. It was a great trip all the way around. One of the greatest things about the trip was the amount of time we had to together. It is the small things that can really be special. To know we had all day without anywhere to be was great. I loved every little moment we shared together. Wyatt kept singing "The Ants go Marching 1 by 1" during the trip. I know for years to come when I hear that song I will have fond memories of South Padre Island 2010.






No comments:

Post a Comment